March Monthly


Hi all!  I haven't written a post in nearly a month, but I couldn't think of something to say. I still don't, but I thought I'd fill you in on my life this month. Here goes....
~~~~~Reading~~~~~
I have been reading a lot (and taking time away from my crafts) and I have completed so many books!
Reading is one of my favorite things to do ever. I love traveling the world in only a few hours by taking a seat and opening a book. It's amazing!
So, I think now I'll try to make a short list of some of the books I read, and tell you a bit about them :)
1- Swept away by Mary Connealy.
It was good. A little weird, but I enjoyed it.
2- The Mayflower Bride by Kimberely Woodhouse.
I actually read this early February, but I loved it so much I will write about it.
My thoughts? I loved it! The characters were wonderful, I loved them! The story line was (besides the story line in the story line) great!  It is set in 1620/1 (you'll get it if you read it, which I highly recommend!) on The Mayflower.
I loved Mary Elizabeth and her brother David. They were so cute and relatable.
I loved William, he was so sweet and thoughtful, not to mention he sounds dreamy looking! Lol
3- The Midwifes tale by Delia Parr.
I liked it. I didn't love it, but I liked it.
It was good, especially if I was interested in being a midwife.
It's set in 1830 so obviously being a midwife back then was different than now. But it did talk about some things that happen either way.
It was humorous, and a little bit sad, but all together a good read for me. But it kinda depends on what you like, so I don't know if you'll like it or not.
4- Summit by Karen Rispin.
I loved it! I kinda want to go indoor rock climbing now! They go rock climbing in the great outdoors, but that's not for me. It was a good story (though there is a part about poaching bears that was not what I would've wanted to read but otherwise a good story) and I enjoyed it. David was funny, and sweet.
5- The Ranchers Secret Wife by Brenda Minton.
I loved this book! It was a bit sad, but otherwise good story. Reese and Cheyenne were wonderful characters I really enjoyed.
Reese is blind, and I enjoyed reading a little more about how a blind person thinks, even though I can pretty much know what they're thinking about certain things if only I would close my eyes and have a conversation with someone. But I recommend that one as well.
I would write more, but I have read so much this month I can't write about them all!!

~~~~~Crafts~~~~~
1- Knitting. I knit, and this month I didn't do much of it, but what I did do is make a pair of baby booties for our charity box going out sometime in a few months to Guatemala.
2- Embroidery.
I have done a lot (but not enough) of embroidery this month, and I can't tell you what since they are gifts and those people read my blog.
And that's all for this section lol.

~~~~~Baking~~~~~
1- I like to bake, and this month so far I made Oatmeal M&M bars which were delicious! Really easy, soft and chewy.
My whole family liked them.
2- Chocolate chip cookies, who doesn't like em? Lol
3- Brownies with chocolate chip cookie dough on top. I made it differently than what they said, but it still tasted great!
I made it in a loaf pan, instead of an 8x8 pan. Lol. If you want to try them, look up and find a recipe you think you'll like. I did, and I must say I want to make them again soon!
Well, I think I'll start doing this at the end of every month, so be on the lookout!
Leave a comment if you like, I would enjoy that.

Comments

  1. Oh, sounds like you've been busy! I haven't read any of those books.. I've been doing a lot of cooking lately :D And knitting!

    keturahskorner.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many people have read the books lol, but I don't care, I read them! What have you been cooking?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Kittens!! πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€

Losing someone you love

Review of When Through Deep Waters