Author Interview-Faith Lane

I'm so excited to be doing this interview with Faith Lane about her novellas! I asked her these questions and she answered fabulously!! Enjoy reading!

Q1- What made you decide to write Christmas novellas?

A: The first one, A Christmas Extravaganza was inspired by a woman I know. I immediately wrote it afterwards within a day last year in December. As for the rest of them, God’s timing. I didn’t think I was going to be published until late 2020 but God had other plans and gave me a push to publish these first.

Q2- how did you choose the characters names?

A: Whenever I am naming a new character I always look for names online that match his personality and sometimes they even tie-in to something secretly with the plot. Especially in my paranormal romance (coming 2020). Sometimes names just come to me naturally though.

Q3- Has romance always been your choice of writing?

A: No, when I started as a child I had a dream of writing a EPIC fantasy novel. But, later on the characters for my YA contemporary romance just started popping into my head and I started writing short stories about them, which later lend to the novel (also coming 2020)

Q4- at what age did you first start writing?

A:Hmm…I believe it was nine or ten. I started reading around that time too, however my passion for writing was way stronger so I wasn’t as obsessed.

Q5- if you could collaborate with any author, alive or not, who would it be?

A: Stephan King!! Some of you probably didn’t see that coming. Lol! Our genres are very different but he is one I look up to. His writing is genius.

Q6- do you think you do better dialog or monolog?

A: Characters are everything to me in a book and in my own writing. I always get carried away with the dialog and forget to add monolog, or need to add more. Although, I think it balances out in the end.

Q7- Do you think you'll write more Christmas novellas in the coming years?

A: Yes!! I have already decided there are going to be more. These four are just the ones that will be published in 2019. More will be coming in 2020!!!

Thanks so much for your time, Faith! I loved getting to interview you learning more about your writing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Kittens!! 🙀🙀🙀

Review for Keep Christianity Weird by Michael Frost

Losing someone you love